21 December 2009 – San Francisco – Ladies and gentlemen, it’s that time of year again – the time to start thinking about exquisite automobiles, warm sun, gorgeous scenery and the most important collector car date on the calendar: Monterey Peninsula Car Week!
While the internationally renowned summer celebration is seasons away, preparation can never be soon enough for what is regarded as the auto world’s hallmark event. And in keeping with this tradition, Bonhams is once again proud to announce their annual auction of important collector cars and related memorabilia at the Quail Lodge in Carmel Valley, California.
Held in conjunction with the exclusive “The Quail, A Motorsports Gathering,” the Bonhams sale hosts the best competition and classic machinery on earth and consistently establishes world records. For example, some highlights include:
- $4.9 million for the one and only 1960 Jaguar E2A Works Racing Prototype
- $4.8 million for a 1939 Talbot-Lago T150 CSS Aerodynamic Coupe by Pourtout
- $1.49 million for 1913 Isotta Fraschini 10.6 liter KM Type 120hp Torpedo Tourer
- $1.43 million for the ex-Hopalong Cassidy ‘33 Duesenberg Model J Torpedo Convertible
- $1.37 million for “the most famous Lagonda of all”, a 1936 Rapide LG4
- $804,500 for a 1961 Mercedes-Benz 300SL Roadster
- $802,500 for the 1952 Ferrari 212 Inter Vignale Coupe “Bumblebee”
- $309,500 for the ex-Al Capone 1930 Cadillac Series 452 V-16 Armored Imperial Sedan
- $188,500 for the 1955 Flajole Forerunner Prototype
With such a history of success at Quail Lodge and a reputation as one of the world’s foremost auctioneers of rare motorcars, participants in Bonhams’ seminal sale are sure to be pleased.
It is with this announcement, therefore, that Bonhams is now inviting entries of the finest cars – individual models or entire collections – for the August 2010 auction. Interested owners can
e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or call the following specialists:
- Mark Osborne, VP & Head of Department, San Francisco: 415-391-4000
- Rupert Banner, VP Business Development, New York: 212-461-6515
- Nick Smith, Motoring Department Specialist, Los Angeles: 323-436-5470
For information about The Quail, A Motorsports Gathering, go to http://www.
Source/Photo Credit: Bonhams